Complete guide to the Best Travel Backpack 2019
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN COMPENSATED LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.
One of most important items you need when travelling is to choose the best travel backpack to suit your needs. Like your shoes and other travel essentials, your backpack will be with you all the way during your travels, so you need to ensure that it has everything that you need. In this article we compare the best in our travel backpack reviews.
We have a range of travelling backpacks that are comfortable enough to carry around without straining your back or neck. They are attractive, lightweight backpacks for international travel that add an air of confidence and style throughout your trip.
Top Choice: Best Travel Backpack 2019
The main compartment has laptop and tablet sleeves and an internal scratch-free pocket to protect delicate items.
For comfort the LightWire™ frame suspension transfers most of the weight from the harness to the hip belt. Check prices for the Osprey Farpoint 55 Backpack now.
- 1 Top Choice: Best Travel Backpack 2019
- 2 Best Travel Backpack 2019 comparison chart
- 3 Why do I need a quality Travel Backpack?
- 4 How to choose the best travel backpack
- 5 What to look for in a quality backpack
- 6 Travel backpack 2019 product reviews
- 6.1 Osprey Farpoint 40L Review
- 6.2 Osprey Packs Farpoint 70 Travel Backpack Review
- 6.3 Osprey Transporter 130 Gear Bag Review
- 6.4 Osprey Farpoint 55 Travel Backpack Reviews
- 6.5 North Face Surge Laptop Backpack Review
- 6.6 Osprey Packs Fairview 40 Travel Backpack Review
- 6.7 Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Backpack Review
- 6.8 Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack Review
- 7 Advantages of buying good quality backpack
- 8 Plane carry-on backpacks or larger backpacks?
- 9 Best carry on backpack for international travel
- 10 Best Travel Daypack 2019
- 11 Best Travel Daypacks 2019 comparison chart.
- 12 Travel Daypacks product reviews
- 13 Best Daypack for travel summary
- 14 Final thoughts for the Best Travel Backpack
Best Travel Backpack 2019 comparison chart
Finding the best backpack to suit your needs can be difficult. Whether your looking to find the best carry on backpack, or perhaps a larger backpack to replace traditional luggage.
To help you choose, we’ve listed the best backpacks of 2019 available for easy comparison along with the main options they provide. To sort the table, click the column heading.
|Osprey Packs Farpoint 40 Travel Backpack||1.44 Kg||View It||5.0|
|Osprey Packs Farpoint 70 Travel Backpack||1.7Kg||View It||5.0|
|Osprey Transporter 130 Gear Bag||1.85 Kg||View It||4.9|
|Osprey Packs Farpoint 55 Travel Backpack||1.77 Kg||View It||5.0|
|North Face Surge Laptop Backpack||1.4 Kg||View It||4.8|
|Osprey Packs Fairview 40 Travel Backpack||1.4 Kg||View It||5.0|
|Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 Backpack||0.95 Kg||View It||4.8|
|Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack||1.58 Kg||View It||4.8|
Why do I need a quality Travel Backpack?
Backpacks represent our society’s obsession with adventure, escape, and constant movement. The best backpacks for travel give you the freedom to carry whatever you need during your travels while keeping your hands free.
Most people never stop to consider how important it is to choose a quality backpack. Unless they suffer from muscle fatigue/poor posture or lose/damage their items. The best quality backpacks are specifically designed to house and protect your items as well and prevent the weight of the bag from causing unnecessary strain to your neck, shoulder and back muscles.
Travel backpacks should not be confused with the normal backpacks meant for extended camping, or hiking. The top travel backpacks are specifically designed with the emphasis on features that travellers appreciate, rather than just being lightweight. They have internal frames for ergonomic support, and are often made from heavier and tougher material that can survive the rigours of travel and the occasional abuse from luggage handlers.
How to choose the best travel backpack
Finding the Best Travel Backpacks 2019 is almost as important as finding your right travel companion. You need a backpack that guarantees comfort, safety, security, sufficient storage capacity, durability and still appeals to your fashion and style preferences. In our list of the top 8 travel backpacks, we have tried to be as diverse as possible to capture your backpacking needs but still stay within a reasonable price range.
What to look for in a quality backpack
Top quality backpacks have straps designed to even the load of the backpack and provide maximum comfort. Adjustable and padded shoulder straps ensure that your backpack sits comfortably preventing the strain on your neck and shoulder muscles. Additional padded hip straps shift most of the weight from the shoulders and back and places it on the leg muscles. This allows you to carry heavier luggage for longer with a fair level of stability.
Generally, thick straps are ideal for weight distribution, but they offer poor ventilation. Narrow vented straps, on the other hand, will allow air to flow through, but they can cause irritation to your neck and shoulders if you are going to carry heavy loads. Cross-body straps are fashionable but do not offer even weight distribution.
Backpack Frame Type
When it comes to backpack frames, you have three main options. Internal-frame, external-frame and frame-less options.
Most of the best travel backpacks sold today are body-hugging internal frame packs designed to keep hikers stable on off-trial, uneven terrain. Internal frames may also incorporate various load-support technologies that help to transfer the load to the hips.
If you are planning to carry a heavy, irregular load, an external-frame pack might be your best option. They also offer lots of gear organisation without compromising of ventilation.
Frame-less packs are good for those looking to tone down on the weight. They are the best travel packs for lightweight hiking where lots of climbing is involved, but they don’t offer the best stability if you have a relatively heavy load.
Weight of Backpack
Some of the best backpacks for travel are the lightweight packs and these can be an ideal way to lighten your overall load, but they often don’t offer comfortable straps and their suspension is quite poor. However, this is no problem if you often pack an equally lighter load and tend to go out just a few times on shorter trips. Additionally, lighter backpacks are much more comfortable for older people or those with minor physical limitation.
Heavy backpacks, on the other hand, are a perfect choice for people who tend to carry a few extra comforts and favour longer trips. Heavy packs offer more suspension and padding, as well as more durable materials than lighter packs. Ultimately, it all comes down to a choice between light load, comfort and durability when it comes to buying the best travellers backpack.
Accessing the Backpack
There are two main options when it comes to backpack access. Top-loading openings and side zipper access.
Most hiking bags only open from the top, more like a garbage bag. The trouble with this kind of bag is that every time you need something at the bottom of the bag you have to unpack, and then repack everything. Top-loading access packs are mostly closed by buckling a flap down over the opening or tightening a drawstring. These kind are not the best backpacks because they leave your valuables vulnerable to theft
There are packs that offer zippered front panel which when opened, it exposes the full interior of the pack. This option makes it easier to access items deeper in your pack.
The best backpacks for travel will have multiple compartments for better organisation. This helps you to break up your travel gear into smaller sections for ease of access and finding items that you need without having to dig around in your bag.
During our trip from Cusco to Machu Picchu we decided to take a small backpacks as we knew we would be walking on uneven terrain most of the day when we took the long journey to Macchu Picchu. The backpack Ros chose was the the Osprey Farpoint 55 women’s pack listed above, and can vouch that in her opinion it is one of the best travel backpacks for women.
After a long day walking around the ruins her back felt fine. She now uses it regularly on long day trips of walking. It is specifically designed for women and padded to fit the female figure and offers breathable cushioning.
Travel backpack 2019 product reviews
Osprey is well known for creating high quality long lasting backpacks, and the Osprey Farpoint 40L is no exception. The majority of Farpoint 40L is made from a tough nylon blend and features a mesh on the back panel for ventilation. The material is also quite easy to clean.
When it comes to comfort, we give this backpack an absolute A; it has well-padded shoulder and hip straps that don’t strain your neck or shoulder even with a little extra weight. It comes in two main sizes, i.e. S/M and M/L. The general size recommendation for people under 5’6” is the S/M, while the M/L works better with individuals above 5’6”.
The Farpoint 40L is carry-on compliant since it doesn’t exceed the maximum total carry-on requirements of less than 115cm and make perfect backpacks for travelling overseas. However, some reports have stated that overloading the Farpoint 40L may make it appear bigger and this might attract the attention of the luggage attendants. Either way, fitting the Farpoint 40L in the overhead bin has never been a problem. Having said that, you need to remember that even if your backpack is carry-on compliant, you should always make sure that it meets the weight restrictions. Your bag might be an acceptable size, but may be too heavy depending on what you are carrying. Always check out the specific airline weight restrictions.
Osprey Farpoint 40L features
• Back panel flap: This allows you to keep the big straps out of way and create a slimmer and sleek profile. It’s is a convenience feature which allows you to stow and zip away the straps which make a better-checked bag.
• Panel access: Large panel zip access to the main panel features lockable sliders that offer quick accessibility and security to the main contents. The best part about this is that you don’t have to remove nearly all your contents just to access the items at the bottom of your pack.
• Front Compression Straps: the dual front compression straps helps to keep your gear stable as you move around.
• Padded Handles: the Farpoint 40L comes with two nicely padded handles –one on the side and one on top. These come in handy when you need to hoist your pack, especially if it’s heavily loaded.
• Built-in Laptop Compartment: It features two padded laptop and Netbook/Tablet sleeves. So the larger sleeve can hold a 15-inch laptop while the small sleeve can accommodate a large Tablet or small Netbook.
The Osprey Farpoint 70 travel backpack is a bag that can ordinarily carry anything including the weighty mountain kit. It has been fitted with a LightWire frame suspension that balances the weight between the strap and hip belt. The back panel promotes aeration while the mesh on the hip belt helps reduce the stack weight.
It also has suspension belts that make it the most comfortable bag to move around with. The main compartment has a mesh pocket for smaller items. The double compacted strap safeguards your belongings from shifting side to side while on transit.
The external zipped front panel slash pocket ensures that the pack is well organised with enough space for all your extras. The straight jacket compacted straps lessen the weight if you’re carrying heavy luggage. The original Far-point 70 pack is more appropriate for trips to local shopping centres as well as for base camp safaris.
Farpoint 70 Features
- Dual front compacted straps that keep the stuff firm while on transit.
- Large panel zip access to main compartment
- Dual front mesh pockets
- Padded top and side handles
- Scratch-free zippered slash pocket Laptop and tablet sleeve secure in lockable compartment
- Fixed unisex back panel, hip-belt, and harness structure
The Osprey transporter 130 gear bag has been fashioned with reliable and weather resistant materials. It is easy to carry and gives the most effective travel companion during field trips as well as for stocking large amounts of luggage.
This is a hardy pack that very much at home in the beds of dusty and dented pickup trucks, under your bed, tied to yaks on faint footpaths, or in your garage and everywhere in between. The transporter 130 series gear bag is the best for carrying few items for mountain trips, organising a gear exercise at home or planning for bigger voyages with your loved ones.
Transporter 130 Features
- It is made from all-weather resistant material suitable for everyday tasks
- Strong harness and yoke which makes it comfortable to move around with
- Double zippered lock pocket with intertwining flaps for easy storage of light items
- Dual-zippered 3-D end pockets with overlapping rain flaps for quick access to smaller items
- Four burly webbing grab handles
- Four lower web lashing points for securing duffels
- Large, lockable U-zip access to the main compartment
- Internal zippered mesh side panel pocket
The Osprey Farpoint 55 does pretty well outdoors with a technical suspension that is very comfortable and easily stows away in a zippered flap to offer you a slim profile, and for easy transport with the airlines. It also comes with a detachable day pack for additional space. The Farpoint 55 does not make a good carry on as it may be a little too big for the overhead bin; this is where the day pack comes in.
The Farpoint 55 is designed to handle up to 50 pounds. If you have a more than average load by weight, you will appreciate the LightWire™ frame suspension that transfers most of the weight from the harness to the hip belt. If ventilation is your concern, then you will be happy to know that the mesh back-panel and the mesh on the harness work hard to keep your neck, shoulders and back ventilated. The dual compression straps work hard to keep your cargo from moving during transit.
Farpoint 55 may not be the toughest of the Osprey Farpoint series, but its tenacity is adequate for backpacking and use while remaining supple and lightweight for odd shaped loads and extended carry times. The workmanship behind this backpack defiantly lives up to Osprey’s standards; strong sewn seams, great zippers and straps and durable buckles.
Farpoint 55 features
• Panel access: The large zip access to the main compartment is further secured by lockable sliders that provide security and convenient accessibility to the main contents. The main compartment has laptop and tablet sleeves and an internal scratch-free pocket to protect eye wear and other little delicate items.
• Stowaway back-panel: the back-panel, harness system, and hip belt can be easily stowed and zipped away to prevent them from sticking onto anything and for a slimmer profile when in transit.
• Padded carry handles: the Farpoint 55 has two padded carry handles –one on the top and one on the side. This comes in handy when you are loading or offloading your bag, and one in a while when you need to carry your backpack without putting it on your back.
• Durable fabric and lockable zippers: the heavy duty zippers that secure the main compartments are lockable to help keep the bad guys away from your items. The fabric is a heavy duty 420D nylon that can withstand a good level of abuse.
• Detachable Daypack: the Daypack is comfortable and can be easily zipped onto the back of your main backpack. You can also clip the Daypack to the front of the main bag to help your track important documents or valuables.
The north face laptop backpack provides full protection of your laptop when you are travelling. Made from ballistic nylon, this bag is best for all purpose utility. It is developed with fully-dialled characteristics which include a separate zipped laptop compartment that fits up to 17-inch laptops.
It has a well-structured tablet compartment with three other ordinary sections that provide more space for storing valuable things for the day’s trip. Designed with flex vent suspension structure, well-moulded shoulder straps and secured mesh back panel for more comfort. The presence of a removable waist belt, fleece-lined media pocket, and double water pockets, guarantees that you will stay hydrated all the way.
North Face Surge Features
- The front part is fitted with an internal section of a soft media pocket, flexible webbing for adjusting the handles and secure zipper
- It has a compartment for carrying books and binders
- Fitted with a dedicated laptop compartment that guarantees safety and friendly travel
- Protected tablet sleeve in the front section for easy access
- FlesVent adjustment handles fitted with injection-moulded shoulder straps and protected mesh back for better support and ventilation.
The Osprey Fairview 40 travel backpack is the largest carry-on bag that has met the maximum international standards and dimensions. This pack provides an impressive women’s specific fit, with an ergonomically shaped hip belt, harness, yoke and back panel. It has a tough and long lasting backside structure that makes it easy to comfortably move around with the pack.
It’s designed using cushioned handles on the apex and sides and removable shoulder strap that guarantees elasticity for easy operation and movement. The large opening on the pack gives you an easy access to the main compartment that is fitted with lockable zips for highest security. It has also been fitted with internal compression straps that allow you to organise and carry many items while ensuring that your belongings are safe all the way.
It has a top secrete pocket for electronic gadgets and sunglasses, twofold mesh pockets for carrying water bottles and an enclosed laptop partition. All these are the main characteristics that make Fairview 40 the best travelling friend for business trips and conference meetings.
Osprey Packs Fairview 40 Features
- Dual front compression straps
- Large panel zip access to main compartment
- Lockable sliders
- Scratch-free zippered slash pocket
- Padded side and top handles
- Stowaway harness, back panel, and hip belt
- Lockable Laptop and tablet sleeve
- Shoulder strap included
- Two internal compression straps for securing your items
The Redwing 40 women’s pack is the best travel backpacks for women. Whether in the air or on the trail. It comes with hybrid loading and U-zipper design that allows for both panel and top loading. It also features one more stash pocket that allows you to easily tuck away a hoodie or jacket. The main compartment has organisers for electronics, pens, maps and other essential travel items. The hydration sleeve inside can also comfortably secure your laptop.
The suspension system is based on an aluminium stay and the back panel is well padded and designed for maximum comfort and breathability. A similar padding is used on the hip-belt and shoulder strap which are specifically contoured to fit a woman’s body.
The Kelty Women’s Redwing 40 is one of the best women’s travel backpack 2019 and comes with 7 main pockets excluding the front pocket and the inside organisers. It has two stretch mesh pockets on the side, one zippered pocket on the top, 2 more large zippered pockets on the sides, and one big organiser compartment on the front. Making it an ideal travel backpack for women.
The side zippered pockets have a pass-through space between the main body and the pocket. The internal sleeve can be used to secure a laptop or a hydration bladder.
Kelty Woman’s Redwing 40 Features
· Dual side pockets
· Front stash pocket.
· Top stash pocket
· Removable waist belt
· Sternum strap
· HDPE frame sheet
· Side compression straps
· Dual use sleep can be secure a laptop or hydration bladder
· Water bottle pockets
· Stow-away daisy handle and chain
· Trekking/Ice axe pole loops
· Women’s Specific Suspension
· Hex mesh back panel and shoulder straps.
· Ventilated and padded back panel
• Reinforcement Fabric: 420D Polyester Oxford
• BodyFabric: 420D Polyester Ball Shadow
The Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack is a multipurpose pack that can be used for travel, hiking, school and backpacking. It comes with plenty of features and pockets to keep your stuff safe, organised and accessible. It’s one of the best quality backpacks on the market with high ratings positive reviews that keep rising every day. The Kelty Redwing 50 is not specifically designed to be a travel pack, but it nicely fits the bill and meets most of the needs of a frequent traveller.
As the name suggests, the Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack has a carrying capacity of 50 litres. This puts it on top of the favourite lists of many hikers, campers, and general adventure enthusiasts. It’s spacious enough and well designed so that you don’t feel overwhelmed and weighed down or pulled back by the weight. Similarly, it doesn’t leave you wishing you had just a little more room for your extra shoes, gloves or snack.
The pack comes with many pockets, just enough to get you organised. In addition to the spacious main compartment, it has two water-bottle-sized pockets on the sides to keep you hydrated. It features two mesh pockets on the sides close to the base of the pack. The back of the pack features a mid-sized compartment that contains additional small pockets great for items such as notebooks, keys, small electronic devices, and other personal items.
Kelty Redwing 50 Backpack Features
· Front Admin Pocket: designed ideally for slender items and items you need to access faster such as a first aid kit. This comes in handy especially if you are hiking so you don’t have to undo your entire pack just to access simple, commonly used items
· Side Pockets: ideal for tools, knives and other slightly heavier items. They also offer quick accessibility
· Top Pocket: you can keep your lighter frequently used items here as well as snacks and a lunch box.
· Front Shove-It Pocket: Great for holding your lighter clothing such a rain jacket.
· Large internal pocket: it has a generous main compartment that you can store plenty of hiking gear and still have more room for items picked up along way back. The main compartment is secured by a U-shaped zipper which allows you to open the bag flat.
Advantages of buying good quality backpack
They offer the convenience of safely carrying around everything you need throughout the day.
To protect your items, more so your expensive electronic gadgets from theft and from elements.
They are comfortable to carry around with ergonomic designs that prevent you from straining your neck and shoulder muscles.
The best backpacks for travel are durable and designed to work in different environments.
A good quality backpack has plenty of compartments that can keep you organised and prevent the unnecessary irritation and stress of having to dig through everything to get the item you are looking for.
Plane carry-on backpacks or larger backpacks?
When it comes to flying, the choice of your backpack can be influenced by a number of factors. These include the length of time you will be away, the amount of travel gear you need to carry and so on. Either way, both carry-on and large backpacks have their own pros and cons as detailed below.
|Save time when checking in at airports||Restricted packing space|
|Easy to walk for long distances||You need to board as soon as you can so that you don’t run out of the overhead space for your carry-on|
|No need to wait for your checked bags at the final destination||Restriction on liquids that you might want to carry|
|The Carry-on backpack is lighter and easier to pack and unpack|
|Save money with Airlines that charge extra for checked in luggage|
|Lower chances of losing your luggage|
More space to pack all you need for your trip,heavy and harder to carry on back
more space for items purchased during your trip,must be checked in on flights
After check in you have all the freedom you need with your hands,increased risk of loosing backpack during flights
Able to pack liquids and other items restricted from cabin baggage
More suited for extended trips
Best carry on backpack for international travel
If your planning using a carry on backpack for international travel it’s wise to research for a backpack that will be both easy to carry and sufficient to hold everything you wish to take. We travel internationally regularly and have noticed in the last few years that backpacks are becoming a preferred option not only for younger backpackers but also for some older travellers.
International travel especially to Europe with it’s cobblestone lined streets and accommodation that is often lacking lifts makes a backpack a wise choice rather than lifting a suitcase up multiple flights of stairs.
Many of our readers are older and some may think that backpacks are heavy on your back. However this is not always the case, especially some of the lighter ergonomic designs. Naturally the smaller the backpack the easier it is to carry and the trade off less space.
The best carry on backpack for Europe travel would be one that is a lightweight backpack that’s easy to carry, and with easy access for travel documents and devices that need removing during airport scanning. The Osprey Farpoint 40L backpack would be a good choice as it’s light, sturdy, and has a large front panel with padded laptop and tablet sleeves, and a small internal pocket for small items.
An added advantage of a carry on backpack is that airlines especially budget carriers charge extra for checked in luggage.
If your planning a longer trip and still wanting the convenience of a backpack a good choice may be the the Osprey Farpoint 55 travel backpack. One of the advantages of this backpack is the detachable Daypack which can be easily removed and used as a carry on pack. This Backpack makes a great universal backpack and the workmanship behind this backpack lives up to Osprey’s standards of strong sewn seams, great zippers and straps, and durable buckles.
Best Travel Daypack 2019
A lot of people ask, “Where do I buy travel daypacks?” The best place to buy travel daypacks is right here through our partners.
What is the difference between a daypack and a backpack? Daypacks are basically smaller versions of backpacks typically designed for carrying small light items.
Travel daypacks are essential if you plan on doing a lot of walking or for an all-in-a-day outing. They can help you organise your items such as Phone/Tablet, map, spare shoes or sandals, creams and medicine, hairbrush, sunscreen and so on.
Having a daypack also leaves your hands free and the right daypack, with the right features, properly fastened, can keep your items safe from theft.
Finding the right travel daypack to suit your needs can be difficult so to help you choose, we’ve listed the top travel daypacks and minimalist backpacks available for easy comparison along with the main options they provide. To compare travel daypacks, sort the table below by clicking the column heading.
Best Travel Daypacks 2019 comparison chart.
|Osprey Packs Talon 22 Backpack||0.81 Kg||View It||5.0|
|Osprey Packs Daylite Backpack||0.45 Kg||View It||4.9|
|Deuter Speed Lite 20 Backpack||0.49 Kg||View It||5.0|
|Osprey Packs Women’s Tempest 9 Backpack||0.50 Kg||View It||4.9|
Travel Daypacks product reviews
The Talon 22 is designed for comfort and high-speed action. Its zippered front panel allows for quick access to all your items at a glance. The lightweight Talon 22 is a perfect choice for your done-in-a-day pursuits and can effortlessly accommodate travel and plenty of other outdoor activities.
Osprey Packs Talon 22 Features
• Mesh-line perforated hipbelt and shoulder straps enhance breathability and saves weight.
• The Talon 22 pack can be easily adjusted to fit any back length using the adjustable torso.
• Zippered stretch-mesh pockets patched on the hipbelt are large enough for some snacks in one and your compact digital camera in the other.
• The Lidlock helmet attachment allows you to quickly secure your helmet on the go.
• The Panel-loading compartment accommodates your lunch, an extra pair of sandals and some extra clothes and tools.
• The hydration compartment is easily accessible between the pack compartment and the torso adjustment.
The Daylite is designed to attach to a variety of Osprey’s larger backpacks and travel bags for additional storage and for use as a separate pack away from the base camp. Its large zippered panel allows ease of access to the main compartment. The side mesh pockets will hold your water and other sundries while the front pocketing featuring a mesh organiser can accommodate other small items. It’s also the best travel Daypack most people who wish to use it as a carry-one pack.
Osprey Packs Daylite Features
• Panel Load Access: This offers easy access to any item in the main compartment hassle-free.
• The side mesh secures a water reservoir while the front zippered pockets offer additional storage for other small items.
• Interior sleeve for extra organisation which can also be used to hold a Tablet or water reservoir.
• Backpanel: the mesh-covered foam back panel offers both ventilation and comfort
• The tuck-away shoulder straps have a breathable spacer-mesh with an integrated handle.
The lightweight Deuter’s speed Lite 20 Daypack provides more freedom of movement during hikes and other sporting events. It has an athletic V-shape and automatic shoulder straps that make it comfortable when carrying and in particular fancy appearance. It has combined adaptability and sophisticated technology to give the highest level of performance through direct sound creation, high adjustable chest strap, wide shoulder straps and detachable hip belt that guarantees total control.
The adjustable stretched Delrin U-shaped frame gives stability without overloading. The U-frame combined together with speed lite’s unique V-cut profile makes it suitable for hiking and mountaineering. Speed lite bags are fitted with a strong base suitable for small weight, better operation, and it’s long lasting too.
Deuter Speed Lite 20 Features
- Strong threads and quality coating that makes it water resistant and long lasting.
- Special compartments for two-litre water , valuables, and clothing
- Fitted with mesh side pockets for snacks or water bottles
- 3m reflectors for effective visibility
- Has strengthened pull loops on zippers for security purposes
- It has an SOS label with life-saving tips in case of an emergency.
The Tempest 9 is a women specific pack perfectly designed for light travelling. It offers enough room for extra shoes, clothing, trail maps as well as small items in the front zippered pocket. Need to bring along your helmet? The Tempest 9 features a pull-out helmet attachment that goes through the helmet vents to secure it to the front of your pack. The hip-belt and shoulder straps are specifically positioned, shaped and padded to fit the female figure and offer breathable cushioning. It also comes in a range of colours.
Tempest 9 features
• Panel Loader: offers a wide and easy access to all items in the main compartment
• Zippered Hipbelt pockets: provides secure storage of the frequently used items
• External Hydration Sleeve: it simplifies the refilling and secures your pack’s contents from spills.
• Front Slash Pocket – For organising and storing small items
• Adjustable and padded ErgoPull hip-belt and shoulder straps for comfort
• Rugged nylon fabric and lightweight YKK buckles
• Reflective graphics
Best Daypack for travel summary
If you are planning for an all-in-one-day recreational tour, weekend escape or just headed out for a walk exploring the sights, one of these top rated daypacks/backpacks should suit your needs. Our list is not exclusively on daypacks; however, all the above named packs are extremely lightweight, minimalist and comfortable enough for anyone to throw them on their backs and move around all day without even noticing the weight.
We have also varied the sizes a little bit to accommodate a wide range of applications. So whether you just need the best small travel backpack, that you can simply throw in a Tablet, a newspaper and a pair of sandals and be on your way. Or a spacious option for your extra clothing, pair of shoes, laptop, or other small day items; you’ve got something to go with.
Final thoughts for the Best Travel Backpack
Backpacks are a great tool to carry your items around. All you need is to find the best backpack that accommodates all your needs in terms of size, design, and weight. Ideally, your backpack should be comfortable, convenient and durable. Other considerations such as colour, material and brand will all depend on your sense of fashion and style.
We have tried in this list to include a selection of the best backpacks for travel, and daypacks that we feel would be a good choice for anyone. So if your considering purchasing the best backpack for Australian travel, or international travel, I’m sure you will find one to suit your needs. Please feel free to leave a comment. We always appreciate feedback.
If you are looking for an Anti Theft Backpack be sure to read our in depth guide of the Best Anti Theft Backpacks here.
Disclaimer: Frequent Traveller is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites like ours to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com, amazon.com.au and its worldwide partners. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. If you chose to purchase through these links we will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.